How to Create An Effective Sales Funnel
One of the worst things a company can do is to overpay for weak or ineffective publicity. Not only is this a waste of money, but it’s a waste of valuable time that could be better spent on all kinds of projects that could be legitimately improving your company.
Have you ever been frustrated with nonexistent results after a long promotional campaign?
Solving this problem is simpler than it seems, and you can do it in a way that saves your time and money. When executed correctly, sales funnels are an easy, effective way to increase your website traffic and then convert those views into customers. You’re just three simple steps away from improved sales, a more developed online presence, and a marketing experience that will actually work. Those steps are:
- Create Captivating Content
- Collect Contact Information
- Automate Email Campaigns
It all starts here.
1. Create Captivating Content
Step 1: Clarify Your Brand Message
A good sales funnel should be able to instantly tell visitors who you are and what you do. If visitors come to your website and can’t tell what your company is all about, they’ll lose interest fast. It can be very difficult to come back from this loss of attention. For a sales funnel to work as intended, you need to be eye-catching and upfront with your message. Answer the questions on this checklist to make sure you’re communicating your brand message in the best way possible:
- What do your customers want in relation to your product or service?
- What is the main problem your company can help customers solve?
- Have you described your company as an empathetic, authoritative resource?
- What plan can you offer your customers to solve their problems?
- Do you have a clear call-to-action to get customers started with your company?
Step 2: Your Website Must Convert
The second part of an effective sales funnel is making sure your website can convert viewers to customers. You can do this by using high quality content and engaging calls-to-action to entice your viewers and let them know exactly how your company can help them. For example, use the banner on your homepage to let visitors know what you offer and how it will benefit them. Do this as clearly and concisely as possible, and reference the checklist below to make sure you’re maximizing your conversion potential.
- Use the header of your website to clearly state your company’s purpose.
- Make your calls to action obvious, and put a prominent one at the top of the site.
- Provide exclusive content in exchange for visitors’ contact information.
- Show the benefits of your product or service in images and videos, not just words.
- Your website text should be broken up into easy-to-read and scan pieces.
These are just ideas to get you started; never pass up more opportunities to drive conversions. Some of these include downloadable content, blog subscriptions, chatbots, and pop-ups. Combine compelling content with conversion opportunities, and you’ll see your casual viewers become regular customers in no time.
2. Collect Contact Information
First impressions are critical, but they can’t make sales alone. If you want to close deals, focus on getting your company’s name and message in front of your viewers as frequently as possible. Several good impressions are better than one! When your prospective customers are seriously considering a purchase, you’ll be the first company they think of, thanks to content marketing.
How do you remain relevant to your viewers and potential customers? A great place to start is with a lead-generating PDF or other pieces of content that you can provide in exchange for your visitor’s email address and other contact information.
This PDF or other piece of content should be some of your best material. Show your customers that you want to help them solve a problem that they’re facing, and let your content serve as a plausible way to tackle that problem. With helpful content like this, you can show that your company is an authority in your industry or field, which is why it’s so important that the content you offer is high-quality and reliable.
- Create an exceptional, lead-generating PDF and put it on your website.
- Show viewers that this downloadable content offers immediate value.
- Find opportunities to present your brand as an authority in your industry.
- Use catchy, engaging titles to draw people towards your lead-generating content.
- Collect email addresses and contact information so you can connect with your audience.
3. Automate Email Campaigns
After gathering valuable contact information through your lead-generating PDF, it’s time to put it to use. Email campaigns are a time-proven method to convert leads into customers. If you have any doubts about the effectiveness of email campaigns, consider:
- For every $1 spent, email generates $38. This means an impressive 3,800% ROI.
- 73% of millennials want their business communications to come via email.
- 99% of regular consumers check their email daily.
- 59% of respondents believe that marketing emails have influenced their past purchases.
- 78% of marketers noted increased email engagement with customers over the past year.
Develop Leads Easily with Automated Emails
Automated email campaigns are a great way to engage with potential customers and point them towards your products or services. Email communication makes it possible to develop trust and build relationships in a very low-risk, non-aggressive way, which many viewers respond well to.
Start your automated campaign by following up with your contact. Send them a copy of the lead-generating PDF that they have qualified for by providing their contact information. In the next emails (set a goal of four to five emails in your campaigns) gently remind your contact of your brand message. Remember to phrase your brand message as the problem that your prospect is facing and how your company is in a unique position to help them solve it. In your last email, “ask for the sale.” Use a strong call to action and convert those potential leads into paying, loyal customers. Rundown this checklist to make sure your email campaigns are as strong as possible.
- Draft five emails in advance. Make sure they contain information that will be valuable.
- Identify the problem your customer is facing, and explain how your product is the solution.
- Teach your contacts about your product and why they need it more than other products.
- Establish familiarity among your prospects. Make them feel comfortable with your company.
- Finish your sequence with a sales pitch designed to transform prospects into customers.
At Crash Creative, our mission is to help businesses grow. To build a more attractive and profitable business, start by clarifying your brand message. When you can concisely communicate what you have to offer your customers, you’ll be in control of how customers receive and understand your message. With conversion tactics, you can use the contact information you’ve gathered from your website visitors to develop leads into paying customers. With this sales funnel strategy and the checklists for each success point, you’ll be able to increase engagement, generate marketing results, and successfully build your business.