Andy Carroll of Skytec
In this episode of The Chattanooga Business Podcast, Brian Chaney talks to Andy Carroll, CTO and co-founder of Skytec, a company who operates unmanned aircraft systems for the purpose of scanning for engineering and scientific applications. Andy has been in the tech and innovation world of Chattanooga for a while now and has learned a lot about the technical and business side of the industry.
In this episode, we discuss:
- His background in augmented reality, mapping, conservation, and spatial analysis
- How he started Skytec
- The process of choosing business partners
- Balancing day-to-day operations with a partner
- The future of Skytec
- “You have to have a very high level of communication to make a partnership work.” (8:54)
- “That’s the other thing we’re really focusing on this year is getting that marketing strategy and beginning to tell the world that we’ve spent four years figuring out the technology, the different combinations of aircraft and sensors and staffing and how to make this business model work.” (23:52)
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Contact our Guest
- Website: www.skytecllc.com
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our social media channels and in our comments section. Let us know your questions and what you thought!
Interested in promoting your business?
Are you a business owner with a story to tell? We’d love to chat and have you on our next show! Contact us by clicking here to make sure we’re a good fit and we’ll set up a time for your interview!
Interested in coming on the show?
We would love to hear about your story, your business, and any advice you'd like to share along the way.