Clay Dennis of Part Time Business Partners
In this episode of The Chattanooga Business Podcast, Brian Chaney talks to Clay Dennis of Part Time Business Partners about his decision to sell his previous business venture of 17 years and start a new adventure.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The right timing
- His passion and calling
- The need for business coaches
- Understanding different personalities
- Surrounding yourself with the right team members
- “It became apparent to me that Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, all these guys..they still had a coach. The reason is they were focused on staying healthy.” (10:24)
- “When you’re the business owner or the manager you envision that means you have to be able to handle it all..that that’s part of the gig, but it’s not.” (12:20)
- “A real manager understands you have to manage the people to get to the goal. You learn to talk a little differently to each one.” (15:06)
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ [https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-Matter-More-Than/dp/055338371X]
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t [https://www.amazon.com/Leaders-Eat-Last-Together-Others/dp/1591845327/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=]
- Fundamentals: 9 Ways to Be Brilliant at the Basics of Business [https://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-Ways-Brilliant-Basics-Business/dp/0971584982]
- QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability at Work and in Life [https://www.amazon.com/QBQ-Question-Behind-Practicing-Accountability/dp/0399152334/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=]
Contact our Guest
- Website: www.parttimebusinesspartners.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parttimebusinesspartners/
- Phone: (423) 599-8933
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our social media channels and in our comments section. Let us know your questions and what you thought!
Interested in promoting your business?
Are you a business owner with a story to tell? We’d love to chat and have you on our next show! Contact us by clicking here to make sure we’re a good fit and we’ll set up a time for your interview!
Interested in coming on the show?
We would love to hear about your story, your business, and any advice you'd like to share along the way.