Erin Spahn of Short Stay
In this episode of The Chattanooga Business Podcast, Brian Chaney talks to Erin Spahn of Short Stay, a business services for short-term vacation rentals such as cleaning, property listing, staging, management services, and so on. After Erin managed her own rental on Airbnb for a while to make some extra money, she realized there was an untapped market for quick rental cleaning and turning between guest stays.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The growing market of Airbnb
- How her dad inspired her to pursue her own business
- Her career past and how she found happiness and success
- The struggle of finding good help and the challenges that come with it
- Aspiring past the job ceiling
- “It’s pretty scary too because you realize, okay, if my business does not work out.. I just quit the last option, the last job I can move up in.” (12:17)
- “As far as keeping up with the growth and demand in Chattanooga, the only way I can do that is to continue growing.” (18:57)
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change [https://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly-Effective-People-Powerful/dp/0743269519]
Contact our Guest
- Phone Call: (423) 779-2460
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our social media channels and in our comments section. Let us know your questions and what you thought!
Interested in promoting your business?
Are you a business owner with a story to tell? We’d love to chat and have you on our next show! Contact us by clicking here to make sure we’re a good fit and we’ll set up a time for your interview!
Interested in coming on the show?
We would love to hear about your story, your business, and any advice you'd like to share along the way.