Janie and Jae Yu of Builtwell
In this episode of The Chattanooga Business Podcast, Brian Chaney talks to Janie and Jae Yu, owners of Builtwell. Builtwell is a subscription based home program that assists owners in keeping their home at the optimal level. Through combining services and processes, owners can pick and choose what they need at the time instead of hiring multiple companies, Builtwell takes the pressure off of the unknown in home ownership. The Times Free Press referred to their company as “The Netflix of home maintenance”.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Janie and Jae’s journey prior to starting their company
- How their company helps owner be proactive, instead of reactive
- The benefits of using a service like Builtwell
- The benefits and challenges of working with your spouse
- “We have these routines in our lives of certain things to get checked up on or maintenance or service or whatever it might be but for some reason we put our home off…we want to bring a mentality back into home owners, let’s be proactive instead of reactive.” (10:57)
- “That’s one of the biggest thing – having our own time. Making sure we separate ourselves from work, and remembering our individual…who we are as a couple and not as a business owner and making sure that time exists.” (21:37)
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Shelter Institute [https://www.shelterinstitute.com/]
Contact our Guest
- Website: https://itsbuiltwell.com
- Phone: 423-800-5115
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our social media channels and in our comments section. Let us know your questions and what you thought!
Interested in promoting your business?
Are you a business owner with a story to tell? We’d love to chat and have you on our next show! Contact us by clicking here to make sure we’re a good fit and we’ll set up a time for your interview!
Interested in coming on the show?
We would love to hear about your story, your business, and any advice you'd like to share along the way.