In this episode of The Chattanooga Business Podcast, Brian Chaney talks to Rich Smith of Rich Smith Photography about his journey to become one of Chattanooga’s most popular photographers. Rich hits on the difference between doing photography part-time and full-time and why he felt called to pursue photography in the first place.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Rich Smith’s passion that drives his photography business
- Why storytelling is so important for any product or service
- The difference between a 9-5 desk job and doing something he’s passionate about
- The jump in having one foot in the door and going all in
- Advice he gives to anyone else looking to pursue their dream business full-time
- “I like to document people. I like to document connections. That’s what I’m all about and I built my entire business around that.” – Rich
- “The mom [of the family] called me and she was literally in tears and she was like, ‘Rich, I have never seen my family like this before. You captured the soul, the spirit of my family.’” – Rich
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Contact our Guest
- Instagram: @richsmithphoto
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richsmithphotography/
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our social media channels and in our comments section. Let us know your questions and what you thought!
Interested in promoting your business?
Are you a business owner with a story to tell? We’d love to chat and have you on our next show! Contact us by clicking here to make sure we’re a good fit and we’ll set up a time for your interview!
Interested in coming on the show?
We would love to hear about your story, your business, and any advice you'd like to share along the way.