Seth Hill of Swayy Hammocks
In this episode of The Chattanooga Business Podcast, Brian Chaney talks to Seth Hill of Swayy Hammocks and how he got started, just 2 years ago, right out of college. Seth talks investors, entrepreneurship, and the importance of building relationships in business.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Seth started producing hammocks
- Seth’s inspiration behind his product
- Relationships in business
- The importance of choosing the right investors
- His advice for anyone wanting to start a business
- “People love to do business with people.” – Brian
- “If there’s one piece of advice I can give to your listeners maybe starting a business or wanting to run a business, bootstrap it as much as you can. It’s better to have control in the end because it’s your vision and dream and if someone else gets ahold of it and they want to change your vision and dream it can be a pretty arduous process.” – Seth
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Blitzscaling by Reid Hoffman [https://www.amazon.com/Blitzscaling-Lightning-Fast-Building-Massively-Companies/dp/1524761419]
- The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath [https://www.amazon.com/Power-Moments-Certain-Experiences-Extraordinary/dp/1501147765]
- The City of Ember [https://www.amazon.com/City-Ember-First-Book/dp/0375822747]
Contact our Guest
- Instagram: @seth_t_hill
- Instagram: @swayyhammocks
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.swayyhammocks.com/
- Phone Number: (828) 448-8767
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our social media channels and in our comments section. Let us know your questions and what you thought!
Interested in promoting your business?
Are you a business owner with a story to tell? We’d love to chat and have you on our next show! Contact us by clicking here to make sure we’re a good fit and we’ll set up a time for your interview!
Interested in coming on the show?
We would love to hear about your story, your business, and any advice you'd like to share along the way.