In this episode of The Chattanooga Business Podcast, Brian Chaney talks to Melody Stanford Martin of Cambridge Creative Group, a business that helps other businesses grow through digital marketing, branding, and web development services. Melody talks about her journey to entrepreneurship and the resources that helped her make it to this point.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Melody’s most recent move to Chattanooga
- How she got started in the marketing/design industry
- How she taught herself the skills she needed
- The resources and people who have gotten her here
- A book she is working on publishing in the near future
- “I’ve borrowed a lot from my work as a designer and just learning how people talk. Learning what connects emotionally with people and learning what turns us off and heightens antagonism and how to walk around that instead of driving into it.” (15:28)
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- How I Built This [https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this]
- Joy at Work: A Revolutionary Approach To Fun on the Job (Pocket Wisdom) [https://www.amazon.com/Joy-Work-Revolutionary-Approach-Pocket/dp/0976268647]
Contact our Guest
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our social media channels and in our comments section. Let us know your questions and what you thought!
Interested in promoting your business?
Are you a business owner with a story to tell? We’d love to chat and have you on our next show! Contact us by clicking here to make sure we’re a good fit and we’ll set up a time for your interview!
Interested in coming on the show?
We would love to hear about your story, your business, and any advice you'd like to share along the way.